(The sixth stocking belongs to our dog, Max)
What's new with us? Well, a lot.
* One of us turned two, can you believe it? Nicholas is absolutely in love with all thing cars so we got him a little Mini Cooper ride-on car for his birthday. He was in heaven. Still is. He brings me his shoes about 80 times a day so he can go outside and ride in it.
* Two of us were really excited about the return of Ross, our Elf on the Shelf. He forgets to move just about every other day. Poor elf is so forgetful. (Maybe because he is up sewing all night?)
* One of us spent way too much time figuring out ways to 2-year-old proof the Christmas decor. See below.
(This way if he tugs on a stocking it just falls, but the stocking holder stays put on the mantel. I won't tell you how long it took me to figure this out.)
* Four of us were excited to make this gingerbread village (thanks to Target and my hot glue gun). Three of us will admit to being excited.
* One of us has been doing a lot (A LOT) of sewing over here since happy-go-lucky arrived. (Luckily I've had a lot of sweet friends drop by to sew and keep me company, which has made it so much fun. Plus they bring me treats. :-) Thanks girls!)
(Here's a stack of quilts in progress. Some in HGL, some in other fabrics to test new patterns, some bound, some quilted, and still four more to make. It's going to be another late night. Or ten :-) More on this soon!)
* And two of us just stood around looking handsome and playing Christmas songs on the piano non-stop. Not to mention, participated in their first ever recital (it was adorable).
* All of us are so thankful for this wonderful Christmas season. It is such a beautiful time of year, and we are so grateful we get to spend it together, celebrating the birth of our Savior on such a special night.
Merry Christmas to you all!