As I do every so often, here are a few things I have been meaning to mention. (Most are quilty/businessy, except the bear one):
* I finished my Briar Rose On a Whim quilt. I am super happy with how it turned out! I've already talked your ear off about it here, so I'll just show you some photos. I quilted it on my machine using the flowers from Angela Walter's book. It was my first time trying the flowers, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
I haven't bound it yet. Maybe tonight?
* I think I am going to work on my Lush Uptown Surfside quilt next, yes? I started cutting, but haven't gotten very far yet!
* I just had Swoon reprinted, and it is so pretty in full color glossiness (is that a word?). It is availble here. The PDF has also been revamped. It's pretty too.
* In case I didn't mention it before, all of my Scrumptious paper patterns (Niner, Lucky, Surfside, and Summer are also full color. I can't remember if I mentioned that. All my new patterns will be that way. It's so exciting! Also, Scrumptious precuts are available now. Yardage is coming soon!
* When we were visiting my parents up in Idaho a few weeks ago, my dad walked into the garage and found a mama bear. Her two cubs were right outside. It was pretty exciting. And slightly terrifying. You can read my mom's account of it here. My husband, Jarom, took this photo from a safe distance. Nice work, Jarom.
* I've been asking for the official date, but don't have it quite yet, but my next Craftsy class will be released in early October. Unless maybe you keep asking and they break down and release it sooner. ;-) But that probably wouldn't work. I've tried.
* I finally started a Thimble Blossoms Instagram account, which will have all of my sewing photos in it. The other account will be a private one with just family photos and stuff. This should keep my friends and family from getting tired of my quilting photos and my quilters from being overwhelmed with baseball and skiing photos. Win win! You can find me at @thimbleblossoms.
* Did you hear that There is a Moda Blog Hop starting next week? More on that soon!
* I guess I didn't have as much to mention as I thought. :-) Did I miss anything?
Hope you have a wonderful long weekend!